Re: [CH] April 5-6, Indiana

Chad A Gard (gard@indy.net)
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 10:26:12 -0500

At 8:46 AM -0500 3/30/02, Mike Shimek wrote:
>There is a possibility that I may be able to make it. Are there any camp
>grounds nearby? The hot water tank in my camper has sprung a leak, so I would
>need to find a place with shower facilities. I would also like a recap on the
>schedule of events if anyone has it.

Thanks to a fellow chile-head bennefactor, I am going to be able to
attend.  It looks like the weather should be downright marvelous, and
I plan to camp in Clifty Falls state park, which is just west of
Madison a couple of miles.  There are entrances to Clifty Falls from
both 56 and 62, it's pretty hard to miss.  I've not camped there
before, but know they have both class A and class C sites - so they
probably have a shower for fothe class C folks (that'll be where I
camp...)

Right now I'm not sure how early I'll be able to get there for the
hotluck - hafta see how quickly I can get out of work.  But I intend
to get down there, picth the tent, then go to the hotluck, camp
friday night, then go to the fiery foods show saturday, then hike
saturday afternoon, camp saturday night, and do some more hiking
sunday morning.  Clifty falls has some really nice trails, though my
favorite runs down the middle of the creek bed, and is likely to be
unuseable due to high water.

Anyway, I plan to call and make reservations and get an idea on how
the campground is situated, and will write back to the list with more
solid plans, in case any other chile heads plan on camping.

Anywho, the hotluck is April 5 (friday), beginning at 6:00, and the
Fiery Foods Show is Saturday.

Both are at the Thomas Family Winery on 2nd st. in Madison.  1-800-948-8466

--
Chad Gard, KB9WXQ
INCHASE: http://www.inchase.org  Co-founder