Re: [CH] Soil question for L.B., or anyone else who may feel like jumping in...

The NorthEast ChileMan (thenortheastchileman@attbi.com)
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 19:39:32 -0400

Oh My GAAWWD Scott,
   Forgot about the felines!!!!! I can't think of anything worse than cat
feces in the garden/yard/kid's sandbox (which contain all kinds of
bacteria/and I'm not gonna' do the research to post here) that cause all
kinds of problems (especially in pregnant women as I remember). I truly want
to stay out of ANY pet/animal/reptile/etc. controversy, cause I remember
LOT'S, but I remember reading at more than 1 URL that cat dung is laced with
A LOT of really bad S$#T.

Erich,
  Put that stuff in a doubled trash bag & dispose of properly. I can't tell
you what is proper, but after remembering the cat feces thing, I'd see if
your local water purification plant has one of those Hi-Temp furnaces with
smoke stack scrubber to "BURN" the stuff.
Lastly, I stopped feline entry into my yard & garden by putting up a fence &
making sure ENTRY under the fence impossible. Haven't seen a Calico in
years.
   Paul
PS I had & loved a Long Haired Cross & a Maine Coon cat  for over 10 years.
Long Hair/Double Paws (Christopher) died of old age... I cried my eyes out
when I had to bring Nicole (the Maine Coon Cat) to a shelter because my
youngest son was allergic & I couldn't find another home for her. I did ALL
kitty box duty during my wife's pregnancy & continued with everything I
could do until told it was either my son's health or the cat. Hope this
explains knowledge of problems & my non violent prevention of yard intrusion
by cats.
PS2 Reply to rant:
          I'm a propane BBQ'er & I'm sure this will start a landslide of
info from purist's
             on the benefit's of using lump charcoal vs. taste/contaminant's
of propane.