Re: [CH] How would a CH.....

Chad A Gard (gard@indy.net)
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:20:42 -0500

At 3:54 PM -0700 4/13/02, Marilyn Reese wrote:
>...cook pork chops?  (Let's not do the breaded and fried routine though.)  I
>don't usually buy them, but I was seduced by two really lucious looking
>chops at the store today.  I have a great little convection oven that broils
>things very well, so should I put a dry rub on them?  Marinate?  What?

Pork chops can be smoked quite well...

One ofmy faborite meals, which is easy to make in my little stovetop
smoker, is smoked pork chops and potatos.

Start with a good rub for the chops.  If you have a stovetop smoker,
arrange the rubbed chops on one side.  Slice potatoesa bout 1/2"
thick (with skins).  Dredge them in a mixture of extra virgin olive
oil, cayenne pepper, italian seasoning mixture, and a smidge of
coarsly ground sea salt.  Make a loose "pyramid" out of the potatoes
on the other side, making sure to leave a decent amount of space
between them to allow smoke to waft amongst them.  Hot smoke until
the pork is done - in my little stovetop smoker, it takes about 90
minutes.

Smother the chops in Jim's Smokin' Chipotle (which I used to get at
Atlas - :(  ), close the lid on the smoker and continue for about
5-10 minutes to get the sauce nice and "stuck"....

Yum.

--
Chad Gard, KB9WXQ
INCHASE: http://www.inchase.org  Co-founder