RE: [CH] helloooooooo

Joan Mes McCutcheon (joan@mccutcheon.com)
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:19:53 +0200

Congratulations Mike.

I am also in Holland and I seeded about mid-february - (first time chile
grower).  Have about 180 plants - about 10 different varieties.  No buds
yet - (well done Dewi)

- Don't know where to put them all so I might sell some of them at Queens
day. (special Netherlands day)

Rob - I took a chance 2 nights ago and put about 25% outside on the balcony
(with a roof) and they have grown really well (surprised!).  Bit worried
about the weekend though as the temperature is dropping.

from a very happy chile newbie,

Joannie

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of
Rob.Pieters@honeywell.com
Sent: 25 April 2002 09:13
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: RE: [CH] helloooooooo

Mike wrote

  -----Original Message-----
  From: mike markart [mailto:mike.markart@aon.at]
  Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 7:51 AM

  hello chili-heads.
  what a wonderful day. my caribbean reds (50 plants) habaneros
  (36 plants)
  and scotch bonnets (12 plants) have their first buds....
  best wishes from austria
  mike

Hi Mike, congratulations!
Here in Holland I'm not so far yet, I'm now wondering when did you start
seeding?
I normally start end of Januar beginning februar.
Than by the time they can go outside, here that is mid may, there just big
enough to be sure they survive.
Looking to the amount of plants I guess you don't have them sitting on the
window-still.
Happy growing
Rob NL