[CH] The Colonel .F.K. Philpott" in Korat

Shantihhh@aol.com
Wed, 1 May 2002 17:17:21 EDT

Hey Bill,

We met up with the colonel in Korat in 1987.  I must chuckle as dong does
mean pickled and Khing is ginger and phrik is chile :-)

Moving right a long.

We love the food in Issan/Northeast Thailand.  There are many snack foods to
eat while sipping Thai Whiskey such as Mekong, or gulping down a cold Singha.

I've since been to Thailand over 30 times for holiday and business.  In fact
we are planning our traditional journey during Christmas-New Years back to
Thailand.

We always visit some place new as well as a favourite-eating phrik khee neu,
and learning new recipes.

Mary-Anne

"Who plants the seed beneath the sod,
and waits to see, believes in God"