Re: [CH] Off topic some what, but still cooking...

Rich McCormack (macknet@pacbell.net)
Sat, 04 May 2002 08:39:24 -0700

Steve M Duddy wrote:

> Hi Chilens,
>
> Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes recipe asked for a non-stick skillet.
>
> Just wondering what other peoples experiences have been with these so-called
> non-stick skillets.

I'm sure they've improved over the years, but I gave up on
non-stick years ago.  My well seasoned cast iron cookware
serves me better than any fancy pan I've ever owned.  Properly
seasoned and cared for, they'll pretty much last forever.  I've
got one skillet in my collection that's developed a surface so
slick, I can cook an over easy egg without butter or oil and
slide it onto a plate, yolk intact...

--
"Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations--entangling
alliances with none..."  --Thomas Jefferson

Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@pacbell.net

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...
http://home.pacbell.net/macknet/