Re: [CH] Capsaicin Presentation

The NorthEast ChileMan (thenortheastchileman@attbi.com)
Tue, 7 May 2002 21:04:42 -0400

Ya know I thought this was a no-brainer till I ran it through Google.  Ya
eat the heat/Ya suffer the consequences. All the dot/EDU's & Harvard & Yale
& State .EDU  stuff had my brain a spinnin'. Spent the rest of suppertime
digesting the following/all of which contain the words "trigeminal cells" &
are pepper sites:
http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcaselton/chile/chil-txt.html
http://www.fiery-foods.com/dave/taste9.html
http://www.chillifarm.com/whats_hot/whats_hot.asp
http://www.rnw.nl/special/en/html/chillies010716.html
http://www.dreamwater.net/kimsworld/pepp-info.html
http://www.bayoutraders.com/body_hotbites.html
http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/chronicpainforum/archivespage8.html

If Ya want to see the rest/go to this URL:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=trigeminal+cells+pepper&btnG=Google+Sea
rch
    Hope this helps,
        Paul
PS As much as I hate to start a controversy, is it "irritates" or
"stimulates"? Will let Merriam-Webster call it:

Entry Word: irritate
Function: verb
Text: to excite to angry annoyance <his rude interruptions really irritated
her>
Synonyms aggravate, burn (up), exasperate, gall, get, grate, huff, inflame,
nettle, peeve, pique, provoke, put out, rile, roil; ANNOY

Entry Word: stimulate
Function: verb
Text: 1
Synonyms PROVOKE 4, excite, galvanize, innervate, innerve, motivate, move,
pique, quicken, rouse
Related Word enliven, vivify; activate, dynamize, energize, vitalize
Idioms build a fire under, get one started (or moving)

My opinion.....irriatate (Synonyms aggravate, burn (up), )    wins.