Re: [CH] jambalaya recipe??

Harold James (hjames@mdspice.com)
Sun, 12 May 2002 23:44:25 -0400

INGREDIENTS:

2 lbs. cooked chicken legs remove bones after cooking
1 LB of center cooked ham diced in 1' cubes
1 1/2 lbs. cooked chicken breast de-boned
1 1/2 lbs. of small cooked peeled shrimp
1/2 cup diced celery
2 cloves of fresh garlic
1 1/2 pounds of smoked sausage
1 large onion chopped fine
1/2 tsp. mint leaf, basil, thyme, oregano, and parsley
4 medium peeled and chopped tomatoes
3 cups of chicken stock
2 tbs of Debz Louisiana Lightning hot sauce
1/2 cup clarified butter
1 medium red bell pepper chopped fine
2 cups converted white rice
Optional 1 16oz can of tomato sauce for New Orleans style
Debz Cajun Seasoning to taste
1 cup white wine (optional)
8 qt pot

METHOD:
In large pot heat up butter, Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and
celery to pot cook over low heat until veggies are tender. Add the
chicken meat, ham, and sausage to pot. Brown for 5 minuets (stirring
often) add rice and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil.
Cover and cook on low heat for 15-18 minutes. Insert a double thickest
layer of paper towel between the pan and the lid. Turn off heat let
the Jambalaya stand for 10 more minutes. Then Enjoy!
* Note Jambalaya can be cooked with any choice of meats. Crawfish,
shrimp, beef, pork, etc.

this is an outline. The best cooking is yours.
Serves 5 people