[CH] Re: New hot pepper cheese?

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Fri, 17 May 2002 11:34:51 +0000

>From: jim@wildpepper.com

>I was contacted by a cheese maker here in Indiana.  It seems that I'm
>going to help them develop a couple of pepper cheeses.  #1 is going to
>be a chipotle/chedder.  #2 is a Red Savina(R)/pepper jack.
>
>Any other suggestions?

I agree that smoked hab is your signature flavor, and you should have that
in something.  But what is their current cheese line?  Do they make any kind
of spreadable, bar-snack kind of cheeses?  Some of your garlic-hab
combinations could go nicely there (slow-motion shot of a dipping pretzel).
Are they set up to make a grated cheese?  You could make a pepper-herb
version.  Or maybe a feta with purira?

(I am imagining your reply like the Monty Python cheese shop sketch - "no,
sorry, no, fresh out...")

Hmm, smoked gouda with chipotle, a loaf of sourdough, and a really rich
beer...

Of course, right now you need cheese that FLOATS.  Maybe something in
aerosol cans.

Do these people have a web site we can look at?

- A