[CH] THE BREAD Recipe

Bob Batson (rcb@kc.rr.com)
Fri, 17 May 2002 19:05:59 -0500

At 10:57 AM -0700 5/17/02, brentleatherman@netscape.net (Brent
Leatherman) wrote:

>I think that this went around a while back and I missed it, but is
>there a recipe for THE BREAD out there anywhere?
>thanks,

This is from the document anonymous:[chile-heads.digest_v3]digest.338;1

Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 13:20:08 +0000
From: Jim Campbell
Subject: Savina (tm) bread
This is posting it a little later than I had hoped, but here is the promised
recipe for the Savina (tm) bread that even now is headed to the East Coast
hotlucks (Jim McGrath, Alan Dean).

This recipe is for one of those automatic bread machines- I ain't smart
enough to know how to cook bread otherwise.

1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1.5 cups white flour
      (all wheat may be used, but not all white- the Savina (tm) seems to
       go good with wheat breads while white has too little flavor for it
       IMHO)

1/2 cup V8 or similar veggie juice
1/2 cup water
1 tsp salt
1.5 tbls evaporated dried milk
1.5 tbls brown sugar
1 tbls honey or sorgham
1.5 tsp fast rise auto bread yeast (2 tsp normal yeast)
2 tbls butter

2 ounces (or more/less) ground dried Red Savina (tm) Habanero

Heat liquid ingredients to about 100 F.  Pour into cannister.  Put in dry
ingredients, yeast last.  Set machine to desired finish.  Done.

I'll leave it to individuals to try and figure out how to adapt this to
their o wn style of breadmaking.  Like I said, this is for one of those
auto bread machines simply becuase I don't know how to bake bread
otherwise.  If it ain't easy, I ain't got time to do it.  I'm sure there
are lots of different he rb combinations that could be used as well.
Hope you all have fun with this!

-Jim Campbell
Mild to Wild Pepper & Herb Co.