Re: [CH] CAPSAICIN AND BLOOD PRESSURE

dabhome (dabhome@enter.net)
Sat, 18 May 2002 00:52:14 -0400

Fred Morris wrote:

> I hesitate to ask this question, I may not want to know the answer.
> Does anyone know whether eating large quantities of capsaicin will raise
> blood pressure significantly?  If it does, how great an increase might
> be caused by eating enough to get close to or on a pepper high?
>
> Fred the habaneronut

Well fred I can only speak from my own exploits, I suffer from slightly
elevated blood pressure and have
enjoyed many extreme doses of pepper highs and have raised my blood pressure
only 10/20% for
about 10/20 min. But my doctor tells me that the cardiovascular system
actually benefits from the
capsaisan boost and that some drug  comps are testing new "pepper pills" for
that reason.!!
  >>DOUG in PA.< the PEPPER KING>>
PS ask those who know me how fast I recover after eating habs all day then
eating "8 biker blliyjals" in
30 sec. I swaet alittle and get alittle red faced but enjoy the rush with
out any other side effects
other then the famed "ring of fire"!!