Re: [CH] SF Bay Area Hotluck

Bucky Goldstien (chile-head@chile-heads.com)
Sun, 19 May 2002 19:05:20 -0700

Hey Pods,
  Looks like I'm the first to report back from the Bay Area Hot luck.
  Scott and Roswitha were the most gracious hosts. The event is probably
still blazing away. I had to leave to relieve the grandparents of their
somewhat cranky grandchildren.

Some of the highlights include, but were certainly not limited to,
several pounds of wonderfully seasoned and smoked brisket and ribs. An
explosive concoction of habanero soaked rum was seen igniting palettes.
There was an incredible buffet featuring foods from mild to smokin' hot
and a bucket of grapes that were injected with some sort of  extract
sauce. Ooooohhaaww! The spread was incredibly diverse and there were
influences from many ethnic regions. The dessert table was full of
incredible sweets from spiced up apple pie and tiramisu, to rum balls
and chocolate chile almonds. Just outside was the Smoothie Bar where one
could obtain the delicious Red Savina Smoothy, a concotion of  ice
cream, pineapples, habaneros and for the daring, maybe some of that
crazy rum that has had the habs soaking in it for the last four years.
    There was an awsome collection of hot sauces to help spike the heat
of anything you may have found on the mild side. Jim Campbell of Wild to
Mild sent a collection of items for all to share. Joe and myself  of
Bucky Goldstien's Fiery Foods brought sauces from Innuendo and D-Oni and
there was already and excellent collection when we arrived.
   This was a world class event! The food was great, the hosts were
awsome and the rain.....even the rain could not spoil the magic.  Thanks!

Hottest Regards,
Ron Levi
Innuendo Enterprises, LLC
www.chile-heads.com