Re: [CH] Morels, Ramps, and Fiddleheads

Valerie C (mspepper424@hotmail.com)
Wed, 22 May 2002 23:03:25 -0500

MMMMMmorels... I tried them for the first time last spring when I was living
in Missouri. Wonderful stuff! I know they were dipped and fried, a little
cayenne pepper in the flour mixture...  Any wild 'shroom hunters in the
Northeast? Do morels grow in New England? Or are they a midwestern secret?
I've never seen them in the markets....
Valerie C in Massachusetts