Re: [CH] controlling elephants

Tony Flynn (tonyflynn@value.net.nz)
Thu, 30 May 2002 07:00:17 +1200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Margaret Lauterbach" <melauter@earthlink.net>
To: <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 5:38 AM
Subject: [CH] controlling elephants

> Elephants cause a lot of farm damage in Zimbabwe, and most control efforts
> are dangerous or ineffective.  What they have found effective is rope
> soaked in capsaicin, and used to "fence" crops.  That'll learn 'em, durn
> 'em.  Margaret L
Very good Margaret, I needed a laugh this morning. The vision of and
elephant with a hab up it's nose filled the bill nicely:-)
After a touch of winter with lots of snow and ice down south. Sunny day here
by the beach but have to put on long trousers for the first time since
returning from the US last September 2nd.
The Siberian  indoor peppers are fruiting well 2" long upright bright
green.fruit. The Rocottos are holding out well with lots of new fruit
alongside the old rotting ones. Maybe I should rip one out and replace it
this year ?

Tony Flynn

Grandad. Retired at the beach. Bay of Plenty. New Zealand