Re: [CH] Looking For a Chile-Head

Mary Going (mary@firegirl.com)
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 07:17:12 -0400

FireGirl has a seed exchange bulletin board at
http://firegirl.com/cgibin/seed/seedbbs.cgi

I have to admit that I don't monitor it, so, well, sometimes people post
things that would probably embarrass me. Maybe that's what happened to the
Pepper King. I have taken down many places on the FireGirl.com web site
that allow people to post "whatever they want," but some, like the bulletin
board, are still there. If you decide to use it, and see people abusing it,
please let me know.

I used to have a "graffiti" board where people could write whatever they
wanted about chiles, or really whatever they wanted.
(http://firegirl.com/fairgrounds/restroom/) I was always a little surprised
at the things people would write, but decided not to censor it. That is,
until one day when someone mentioned blowing up a school. After alerting
the FBI, who I never thought took it all that seriously, I removed the
ability to add to the board. Of course, I erased the reference to blowing
up the school. You know, it's difficult to be a one person operation and
monitor everything that goes on when the site gets soooo big. So, maybe the
Pepper King just decided it wasn't worth it.

As for the Pepper King himself, if I'm thinking of the right person, I
recall meeting him in Albuquerque (or at some event) one year. He wore a
cape and a crown, right? I haven't heard from him in a while.

- mary

At 08:25 PM 6/5/02 -0400, The NorthEast ChileMan wrote:
>Pods,
>    Every once in a while I run across  "The Pepper King's Seed Exchange" out
>of Wisconsin with the name George Martin Czeiszperger as the proprietor.
>Numerous searches in many search engines keep turning up nothing else. His
>old URL was:  http://www.itol.com/~gmczeis/index.html  & I haven't found a
>replacement.
>         Any help would be appreciated,
>             Paul

                            www.firegirl.com
                   (Even the Devil shops here...)
       Over 800 hot sauces and other spicy products!