Re: [CH] RC Cola the right way

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:26:14 -0500

Karen Oland wrote:

> In areas where you can buy RC, all of them thar sodas are are "coke" (even
> the clear ones)...

  I guess being a Northerner (damn yankee???), I've never understood the lack
of separation between brand / flavor names regarding soda (NOT pop!!!!!) "down
there".  Do y'all call all cars Buicks, or all computers Dells???  Is every
candy bar you eat a Hershey's, and every TV you see a Sony (whether it's in
your living room, or sitting on your front porch with the old sofa)???  Or, to
stay somewhat on topic, is every bottle of hot sauce you own referred to as
Tobasco???  Is every chile you grow called a Jalapeno?  Why stop there, why
not just call every guy you know Mike, and every girl Betty (or whatever)???
I just don't get it......

   ;-))))

--
Erich
C-H # 2099  Up North, where soda comes in more than one flavor, from more than