Re: [CH] Doug's recipe

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:27:38 -0700

OK try it this way: Brown chicken pieces, add tomatoes, onion, ham,
sausge, sherry, spices, raisins and almonds. Return to simmer, cover and
cook about twenty minutes. Remove lid and thicken with flour, corn
starch, masa flour, whatever you desire, to thicken, or simply let it
cook down, uncovered. This should ensure that everything is cooked.
Sorry for the confusion, Margaret. When I brown my chicken pieces on all
sides, they are cooked, believe me. I use high heat to brown the chicken
pieces and we have yet to have raw chicken. Cheers, Doug in BC  dougandmarie@shaw.ca