[CH] Re: unemployed and blue

Daniel C. Mahoney (dan@wolf.com)
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:45:17 GMT

Mary Going writes:

> I'm sorry to hear of so many people being laid off, and terminated from
> their employment. I have been the same situation many times. I also
> sympathize with those who want to tell their employers to "take this job
> and shove it." The latter is a big part of why I work for myself (aside
> from the fact that no one will hire me). No one but me really understands
> **just how brilliant** I am. :-) It's frustrating to work for someone who
> doesn't fully appreciate me.

Boy, does that sound familiar! This Chile Head holds a B. Sc. degree in
engineering and has 20+ years of experience as a programmer/system
administrator, but spent half of last year driving a semi. I'm now working a
job that pays well but sucks mucho grande.

My way of dealing with it? Every few days I travel to Taco Joes with a
bottle of my homebrew hab sauce and try to burn away my blues. Works better
than and has fewer unpleasant side effects than trying to drown them in
alcohol :-)

Dan
dan@wolf.com