RE: [CH] Chipmunk-b-gone?

Parkhurst, Scott Contractor (SCOTT.PARKHURST@LEAVENWORTH.ARMY.MIL)
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:59:41 -0000

Erich wrote:

>  When this topic came up last year, I mentioned that
> "Cheaper Than Dirt" (and presumably many others) sell
> a .22 round called "Subsonic", or something like that.
> Might be made by Remington...  Anyway, it's supposed
> to be powerful enough to work semi-auto actions, but be
> far quieter than a standard .22 round; suitable for your
> urban, small-arms commando missions.

   I think the ammo you refer to is Aguila's Colibri.  It's
a 20 gr. .22 bullet in a case with no powder.  The primer
pushes the bullet down the barrel.  It is for handguns only,
but they make a Super Colibri that is intended for rifles.
The "Subsonic" is Aguila's SSS (Sub Sonic Sniper).  It is the
length of a .22LR round but the case is only as long as a
.22 short.  The 60 gr. bullet takes up the difference.  It is
intended for rifles only and is much quieter than a standard
velocity .22LR.

   I don't care what people use to protect the fruit of El
Grande, as long as they can live with it and don't endanger
any humans in the process (politicians EXCLUDED).

Scott... KCK