Re: [CH] Need help with chipmunk problem.

Babs Woods (babs@jfwhome.funhouse.com)
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:50:13 -0400

        Pods,

> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:14:08 -0500
> From: tucker <tucker@ticon.net>
> Subject: Re: [CH] Need help with chipmunk problem.
>
> Babs Woods wrote:
>
> >  ... A few years ago we stopped stocking our birdfeeders because the
> > town  next door was getting bears in peoples' back yards feeding on
> > their birdseed.  Anyone got any "Bear Away" they can spare, in case
> > we need it here? ... What would work?  Habaneros injected with wasabiko
> > and strung up like holiday lights in the woods around my house?
> >
> >                                 -babs
>
>   Gotta' be careful with those damn bears.  Just ask Doug... I'd bet he
> knows a bit there.  They say that the chile-based bear sprays work
> when sprayed into/onto the sensitive bits (again, Rael, stop it....
> shame, shame); but if applied to a non-bear surface, they actually
> attract them.  I recall some footage from the Travel channel,  or
> something like that, that showed them rolling around in the stuff like
> a dog on dead fish... I think the analogy they made was to cats and
> catnip.
>
>   Damn bears....
>
> - --
> Erich
> C-H # 2099
> Silver Glen American Shorthairs
> www.worzellaphoto.com/pets/index.htm

AAAAAUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!  Erich, you Dasher Of Hopes, you!  Sigh.  I had in
fact wondered if it would attract them.  Well, at least I won't be wasting
good habaneros and good wasabiko stringing them up in the woods now.  Demz
good eatin'.  The guy next door has dogs who roam all over the place and if
we do have a bear problem nearby they could be keeping them at bay.  Maybe.

Ohhhh, Douuuug?  (Mind you, we have yet to see a bear on our block, but how
long will that last?)

                                -babs