Re: [CH] Las Vegas trip

Scott Peterson (scottp4@mindspring.com)
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 21:13:46 -0700

At 06:54 AM 7/2/02 -0700, you wrote:
>We're off to Las Vegas on Friday AM. Susie to gamble, I'm going to sit by
>the pool and read a book (might try to go see George Carlin). Food
>suggestions? And don't even THINK about mentioning no stinkin' buffet!

Several people recommended good Thai restaurants.  Other than that, I've
never found Vegas to be much of a 'hot' food place.

You didn't say what kind of food you were looking for.....

My recommendation for Thai is Lotus of Siam on Sahara.  It's in a strip
mall but it's great. Go for dinner, not lunch.
If you want very good fish, try McCormick & Schmicks.
For prime rib, try Lawrys
If you want 'classy' Chinese and fusion, try Chinois.  This is a Wolfgang
Puck restaurant.
Dim Sum or Hong Kong style Chinese, try Royal Star in the Venetian

Hope this helps.

                          		Scott Peterson

--

If the #2 pencil is the most popular,