RE: [CH] Great Hamburger

Felipe (fdeguzma@cisco.com)
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:38:33 -0400

I discovered the grilled Jalepeno last year by experimentation. If I put
them whole on the little hanging basket on the lid of my grill (Weber Silver
grill), the peppers get a the benefit of roasting without the charring and
dessication from direct grilling (I'm guessing that the red bell peppers
handle the charring better since the skin is thicker and there's more
flesh). A nice side benefit is that the skin peels away in translucent
layers and leaves just the soft flesh (just like roasting bell peppers). I
add these to hamburgers, grilled protabello sandwiches, grilled sausage
sandwiches, and chop them up for mexican-style dishes (burritos, tacos,
rice).

I've done this with Hungarian Wax as well.

Phil in NC