Re: [CH] Heat Seal Source

Uncle Dirty Dave (xrated@ameritech.net)
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 07:47:03 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Farr" <rbfarr@erols.com>
To: "Helen L. Gillis" <HelenGillis@earthlink.net>
Cc: "Chile Heads" <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 6:37 AM
Subject: Re: [CH] Heat Seal Source

> Helen:

> Yes - thanks on the gooseberries.  We do grow our own - 12 bushes or so,
> and I pick enough for nearly 1,000 bottles of one of our hot sauce
> marinades (Respect Your Elderberries - gooseberries, elderberries,
> honey, and some Habs).  I just don't have enough for the next 1,000
> bottles, and it's a popular item.

> I've asked all the food wholesalers I know, and they can't find them for
> me.  Aiggghhhhh!!!

> Good tip on the white pine blister rust.  I do have a bunch of pines,
> and will be on the look-out.

Look at wholesalers in the midwest. Gooseberries are (IIRC) prohibited in
the
northeast and on the west coast and in most states where there is a
substantial
timber ot pulpwood industry - because of the white pine blight.

I  know they are available - I see them canned from time to time in the
stupormarkups
and the restaurants around here have gooseberry pie on the menu once in a
while

ENJOY!!!