Re: [CH] Hot beds

Tony Flynn (tonyflynn@value.net.nz)
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 07:10:25 +1200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Winnard" <s_winnard@hotmail.com>
To: <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 10:57 AM
Subject: [CH] Hot beds

> Does anyone have any experience making a hot bed without resorting to
> electricity for heating?
> Steve

To keep on topic without stating the obvious :-) When I was a boy in England
during WW2 "Digging for Victory" was a means of feeding the people. I seem
to remember a neighbour having both "Cold"  and "Hot" frames for starting
seeds very early in the season. Much on the lines as Steve is thinking of. I
am sure a search among garden sites would find more precise info.
Not that I could be bothered nowadays as my old polystyrene box with an oven
bulb in as a heater  starts seeds in no time.
Which reminds me it is due to get the first of this years seeds next New
moon.

Rael you would have loved the big picture of Lucy Lawless aka Zena in the
newspaper last week. Promoting breast feeding.
Open white blouse with baby attached to white breast, Sitting  crossed
legged in black fishnet stockings with short skirt. Wow!!! :-)

Tony Flynn

Grandad. Retired at the beach. Bay of Plenty. New Zealand