Re: [CH] More dehydrator questions.

L Anderson (lowella@serv.net)
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:35:17 -0700

Mark Barringer wrote:

> My girlfriend's mom kindly gave me a food dehyrdrator that she was not
> using.  I do not know what brand it is, but here is a description of the
> device:
>
> The unit has six trays that stack on top of each other.  These trays stack
> on top of the bottom portion, which contains the heating element.  On top,
> there is a dome shaped lid.  On top of the lid there is a knob that adjusts
> between grated and round air vents.  The unit--except for the heating
> element--is made of plastic; it is translucient brown in color.
> Unfortunately, there was no instruction manual.
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> 1.  Does anyone have any idea as to the brand of this machine?
>
> 2.  Are there charts available as to how long it takes to dehyrdrate
> different types of fruits, chiles, etc.?
>
> 3.  Does it matter which trays I use for different types of foods?
>
> Thanks.  As always, you rock!

Based on your description of the dome and color, I'd say it was a
Ronco.  Check out good old Ron--"It slices! It dices! And that's not
all, if you order now I'll throw in my hemorrhoid cure free!"--Popeil
at: http://shop.ronco.com/jump/dehydrator/

Their web site says product manuals are available.

Good luck,
Lowell Anderson