RE: [CH] Firey Foods Newsletter

Pieters, Rob (Rob.Pieters@honeywell.com)
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 03:22:20 -0500

Hi,

I read it too and it's always interesting to see how people experience
Amsterdam.
The hotel in Amsterdam I know too, I often book rooms there when we have
visitors (at work).
The whole story is very good written, well done Mary Jane! and without the
bad experience at the airport, yep thetas a real problem there with customs
sometimes there over active, its useful as a promotion flyer.
But that customs issue, personally I appreciate it most, who wants to sit in
a hijacked plane... well I'm not, but I agree they could put in some more
people at the scanners thetas for sure!
Its funny how others look at the Dutch regulations for drugs and
prostitution here, now I must say I don't like it either, some say you have
to take some Dutch herbs first to give it a close look and to judge about
it... well if you see something at all!
I think this is a real tread for our children here, we can't inform them
enough of the dangers but you never know I can only hope they stick on to
chillies only.
On the other hand when you look around in other countries they have the same
or worse problems and there it's illegal. Same for guns in the US, there so
easy to get, every one has one... here.. only the criminals have one.
The only stuff to defend yourself  we can buy is pepperspray... and you
noticed thats illegal too.
The Amsterdam and the Hortis are very nice places to go, that was a very
good choice.
I like the Hortis best, I haven't been there for a while no but did go there
often to relax after a stressy day at work.
It's nice to sit in a piece of  jungle in the middle of a concrete jungle...
So with all plusses and minus, Amsterdam is absolutely worth to visit and
the impression is only a pinch of what Amsterdam has to offer, they have
plenty of  hot-shops, restaurants from all places around the world exotic
markets, etc etc you name it..

Hot Regards
Rob NL