RE: [CH] Bye bye

Holder, John (John_Holder@jdedwards.com)
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:13:44 -0600

Jason,

Glad you're still with us!

Here is a sauce you might enjoy:

Smokin' Green Salsa
-------------------
You will need:
5-6 large tomatillos (or 10-12 small ones)
4 habanero chiles
6 jalapeno chiles
1 poblano chile (or 2-3 NewMex green chiles,
  not really hot)
1 to 3 tsp salt (I use kosher), or more (to taste)
1/3 of a lime's juice
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 clove garlic (or more, to taste)

Take the husks off of the tomatillos, cut the tops
off of the peppers, the cut in half.  De-seed, carefully
leaving the veins of the pepper if you want it really
hot.  Put all in a foil-lined pan and broil for a
total of 15 minutes.  Turn the habs at 2.5 minutes, take out
the habs at 5 minutes.  Take out the jalapenos when there
skin just starts to puff.  Take out the poblano when its skin
puffs and blackes a bit.  Turn the tomatillos at 7.5 minutes,
or when brown, and take them out when the other side is browned.

Peel the blacked skin off of the poblano.  Chop the peppers
a little, and throw all the ingredients in a blender and
process until smooth.

Eat on chips, burritos, tacos, grilled meats, and anything else
you can think of.

If you like it sweeter, you could add honey or sugasr to this
sauce.  Play with it, have fun!