Re: [CH] Dave's Insanity Sauce: new application

Myron Menaker (myronm@bellsouth.net)
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:26:21 -0400

Would "Dave's" work as well on the cribs of teething infants???

       Myron

AndyB wrote:

> Gene,
>
> Does the Ivory soap improve the flavor of the Dave's Insanity Sauce ?
>
> AndyB
>
> "F. Eugene (Gene) Dunnam" wrote:
> >
> > Greetings, all-
> >
> > I thought y'all might like to hear of a new application [literally!]
> > of Dave's Insanity Sauce. Our bottle of Dave's was brought to us 7 or
> > 8 years ago by our elder son as a souvenir from a trip he made to New
> > Orleans. Since we grow lots of chiles we only use Dave's for an extra
> > special 'quick-kick' [appropriate for the upcoming football
> > season(ing) I guess].
> >
> > Anyway, my wife's a horse-nut; the horses produce a by-product that's
> > quite useful in growing chiles. But one of our new animals is a
> > 'cribber': he gnaws away at the planks of his stall which is not good
> > for either.  Our usual deterrent for cribbing is to paint the planks
> > with water in which several tablespoons of cayenne have been steeped,
> > plus a little detergent --we've used this successfully for at least
> > 10 years.  Doesn't work for this guy; he seems to like cayenne.
> >
> > But Dave's is effective.
> >
> > The recipe:  (sorry, I don't have Master Cook handy on this computer)
> >
> > 1 tablespoon Dave's Insanity Sauce
> > 1 tablespoon Ivory liquid
> > 1 quart water
> > Mix.  Apply liberally to stall planks with dish mop. Renewal
> > intervals as yet undetermined; to be reported later.

  互户互户互户互猾せカせЙせカせЙせセ
  Myron Menaker                      Daytona Beach FL USA
  myronm@bellsouth.net     |
              Keep the Whole World Singing!   |     |
  互户互户互户互猾せカせЙせカせЙせセ