RE: [CH] who needs hab hand protection?? Was hab hand protection

RisaG (radiorlg@yahoo.com)
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:07:34 -0700 (PDT)

I'm brave. I use no gloves or anything else. I cut
along the sides of each pepper and use a small
demitasse spoon to scoop out the seed portion. I saw
Sara Moulton do this on Cooking Live a long time ago
and do it with all peppers, except thin, small ones or
tiny ones like chiltepin, pequin, or eensy ones like
Wild Brazilians. Those I just chop in half and try to
weedle out some of the seeds (if there are any to be
seen).

Only wimps use something on their hands to take out
the seeds!!

At Bowers, Doug put me to work cutting up the Lemon
Drop peppers to put in the Rum. He gave me stuff to
wash my hands with and things to protect my hands and
I told him I was an old hand at this. He left me to
cut the chiles. I was still able to rub my face
afterwards with no Hunan-effects. Really. When he came
back, I had cut 30 of them in about 10 minutes.

RisaG