Re: [CH] who needs hab hand protection?? Was hab hand protection

The NorthEast ChileMan (thenortheastchileman@attbi.com)
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 20:44:35 -0400

Ladies & Gents as needed,
  I have processed Chile's to Hab level for hours with no ill effects to
bare hands. My problem is the residual capsicum oil that will affect other
parts of body when I'm done (won't drag MY knuckles right now, use your
imagination, besides eyes & face). I wear the cheap latex gloves to "remind"
me to take them off during & have no residual oil when done. As I remember,
others have complained that the latex ones will still allow Hunan Hand to
happen. I've been led to believe the "Nitrile" gloves are better yet only
1/2 again the cost of latex.

Hoping this stops "hot flashes" for the fairer sex on list, cause I read on
1 of my lists there was a woman who enjoyed the sensation & never used
gloves before satisfying herself (now knuckles are scraped).

Paul
Risa wrote, Snip: I cut along the sides of each pepper and use a small
demitasse spoon to scoop out the seed portion. I saw Sara Moulton do this on
Cooking Live a long time ago and do it with all peppers, except thin, small
ones or tiny ones like Chiltepin, Pequin,

Excellent technique! What's a demitasse spoon (OOOWWWW!)?

From: "RisaG" <radiorlg@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: [CH] who needs hab hand protection?? Was hab hand protection