Re: [CH] The Many Uses of Hot Sauce - For Knuckledraggers Only

Linda L Huegel (huegel@email.unc.edu)
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:15:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Dave Drum wrote:

> >Far as I can tell?  not a hell of a whole lot.  Except for the salsa.
> >
> >Personally i'd rather have mine with eggs and cheese, cooked in a cast
> >iron pan.  Or maybe with fresh flour tortilla chips - we made some of
> >those last night to go with some guac and they were incredible.  Cut the
> >tortillas in 1/4ths, dropped them about five or six at a time into 360
> >degree canola oil, let 'em get JUST barely brown on the edges and drained
> >'em.  served them still warm with homemade guacamole, and MAN were they a
> >hit:)
>
> Served in the manner pictured I don't doubt that they were a hit. But,
> why'd you have to use rape seed oil???   B^)=

<blink>  because it has a high smoke point and i can get it a lot hotter
than olive oil, plus it doesn't have a flavor of its' own to carry into
the tortillas.

AND it's lower in the bad fats than corn oil, which whould have been my
first choice.

Linda

(whose cholesterol numbers are out of balance in the bad direction)

	                    Linda Huegel
		      ICQ:7956349  AIM:SCAWench
	Others have the look of death, I have the grin of extreme pain.
 		 eris@ntrnet.net      huegel@email.unc.edu