Re: [CH] Today's Lunch - Fiesty Fatali Quesadilla

Ted Wagner (trwagner1@yahoo.com)
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 05:01:23 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know if anyone has said this before, but I have to.

Risa, I sure hope your husband is a chilehead!  ;-)  I really have to
compliment you on all the different recipes you cook and forward to
this list that you have tried.  Your comments and recipes have always
been quite helpful for food ideas for work and at home.

I just wanted to say THANKS and I really enjoy your emails to the list.

Ted

--- RisaG <radiorlg@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This was today's lunch. I had a beautiful fatali that
> i got at Bowers and I wanted to eat it today. So I
> thought I quesadilla was in store.
>
> This is what I did and it was soooooo good. I saved
> the seeds from the pepper, of course.
>
>  *  Exported from  MasterCook  *
>
>                       Fiesty Fatali Quesadilla (GFG)
>
> Recipe By     : RisaG
> Serving Size  : 1    Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories    : Chile-Heads
> Chiles
>                 Hot & Spicy
>
>   Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation
> Method
> --------  ------------
> --------------------------------
>    1      lg            flour tortilla
>    1                    fatali chile pepper
>      1/2  cup           cheddar cheese -- shredded
>
> On clean work surface, place tortilla. On one half the
> tortilla, place chopped fatali chile. Top that with
> shredded cheddar cheese. Fold over. Press.
>
> Preheat George Foreman Grill.* When hot, spray with
> cooking spray. Put quesadilla on grill. Spray top.
> Close and cook until cheese melts, about 3 or 4
> minutes.
>
> Remove and let cool for a moment. Then cut into
> pieces. Serve with sour cream.
>
>                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>

> NOTES : Risa's notes:
>
> * If you do not have a George Foreman Grill, preheat a
> grill pan. When really hot, spray with a bit of
> cooking spray (PAM). Put quesadilla on and put
> something heavy on top (a small cast iron skillet is
> perfect). After a minute or so, check to make sure you
> are getting the grill lines. If they are there, turn
> over and cook until cheese melts and there are grill
> lines on the bottom too. Then remove to plate and let
> cool a bit until you can handle it.
>
> GFG means George Foreman Grill
>
> RisaG

> Yahoo! - We Remember
> 9-11: A tribute to the more than 3,000 lives lost
> http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute

=====
lat: 39.74673, lon: -86.33115
Signal Corps:  -- http://www.civilwarsignal.org/
USMT -- http://www.unitedstatesmilitarytelegraph.org
"The objective of the fighting army is to obtain good ground; it is also the objective of every telegrapher."