Re: [CH] making dry habs

Jim Nelson (jmnelson@sbcglobal.net)
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 08:11:37 -0700

I echo the sentiment that they will mold before they dry in a ristra
format.  In this part of Northern California this time of year it is as
dry as New Mexico and perhaps dryer than Arizona and I have finally
given up.  What has worked for me with minimal family screaming is to
set the convection oven on 130 degrees, arrange the pods on a cookie
sheet as others have suggested and stick them in the oven around 10 pm.
 If you make sure you are the early riser and get the windows open or
have a ventilated oven they should be done by 7 am .  You will probably
need a new cookie sheet but not a deevorce.

Grinding them into powder is a another story and I have a 75 foot
outdoor extension cord for that purpose.