RE: [CH] pepper jelly recipe request (and scales....)

T. Matthew Evans (matt.evans@ce.gatech.edu)
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:36:53 -0400

Gary --

Usually, when I am going through the seeding process, I cut the chiles in
half, remove the seeds, and then cut the halves in half once or twice.
Thus, each chile will produce 4 to 8 "chunks" -- I go through this process
only as an aid to measuring the chiles, because they are pureed later in the
recipe anyway.  The ideal solution, of course, would be an accurate kitchen
scale....

Which makes me wonder....does anyone have a good, accurate, low cost
(preferably digital) scale that they use in their kitchen?  I have an old
crappy one that will weigh up to 7 or 8 pounds and is probably accurate
enough for my purposes when in the 2 - 6 pound range.  However, I'd like to
get a smaller scale for the 0 - 1 pound range.  Thanks....

Matt

T. Matthew Evans
Geosystems Group
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology

Thanks for the recipe Matt! Just one question, when you say to chop up the
chiles, is that the same as grinding them up. I grinded them last year and
it seemed to come out okay.

Gary