[CH] Re: Open Fields preps

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:00:25 +0000

>From: jim@wildpepper.com

>The ONE that I did find has
>greaseless hand cleaner only (no nice sink set up

Actually, hand cleaner might be just the right thing for cap cleanup.

I expect to bring at least two or three 2-gallon jugs of bottled drinking
water.  My rule of thumb for camping is one gallon per person per day,
including water for cooking and cleaning.

As this will be a large gathering of compulsive cooks, I don't think anyone
will starve.  I will probably bring a small smoker.  Oh, that's another
thing - if you're planning to have a fire, bring wood.  (We need to save the
chairs for seating.)  You might think that an apple orchard would have no
shortage of available wood, but actually, this place is the neatest-run
orchard I've ever seen.

The extended forecast I saw on the Weather Channel this morning called for
scattered showers, high of 68 and low of 49 on Friday.

- A