Re: [CH] Gloucester, MA

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:24:10 -0500

At 03:37 AM 9/25/2002 -0400, John Benz Fentner, Jr. wrote:
>Gonna be in Gloucester, Massachusetts for the weekend. Ol' Wotserface is
>planning on dying of lobster poisoning but I'd like something with a bit
>more kick.  Anybody got any recommendations for hot/spicey in the
>Gloucester/Rockport/Cape Ann area?

Didn't try any really HOT spots in Gloucester. But, for some really good
grub try Blackburn's Tavern at the end of Main Street. Most excellent.
There is an ethnic restaurant which promised decent heat further back along
Main near the antique shops. We spotted it after a nice (and very filling)
lunch at Blackburn's. My sister said, "We should have gone there." All I
could do was shrug and say, "Who knew?".

If you go back down toward US1 and then go south on US1 try "The Naked Fish
and Cuban Cocktails" They have some pretty peppy seafood on the menu... and
enough other stuff to keep your ol' lady's mouth tooo stuffed to carp about
the cost (moderate for the Boston area). And they have these huge
margaritas.........

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!