Re: [CH] drying habsare done

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:26:49 -0500

Harold James wrote:

> Ok lets talk I dried habs in oven like Jim said too (thin slices on
> low heat (165) with door on oven cracked open)...

  While following this thread, I saw that someone mentioned either
wrecking a cookie sheet, or having one set aside exclusively for drying.
I don't know if has been mentioned, since I am still a little behind, but
I am in the habit (which I think I learned here years ago) of drying in
the oven on cheese cloth, which I think would give a better result for
obvious reasons... just don't turn the heat up too far, or close the oven
door entirely.......  though I'm not sure how easily the stuff combusts;
Jim???

--
Erich
C-H # 2099