RE: [CH] Medical question.

Dan Turkette (dan@tekinteractive.com)
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:26:13 -0500

From: http://www.opt.pacificu.edu/ce/catalog/web018/pepper.html

PERSONAL DEFENSE SPRAYS:EFFECTS AND MANAGEMENT OF OCULAR AND SYSTEMIC
EXPOSURE(a)

http://www.morganlens.com/techpapers.html

Following accidental exposure to an industrial cleanser, a 32-year-old man
suffered severe eye pain, inflammation, photophobia, and a decrease in
visual acuity. Without correction, the visual acuity was 20/100 in the right
eye and 20/25 in the left.

Through an extensive series of procedural tests he was diagnosed to have
periorbital caustic burns, conjunctival caustic burns, corneal abrasions,
and traumatic iritis in the right eye.

He was treated with opticaine drops three times in each eye, with
Homatropine 5%, instilled in the right eye. The Morgan Lenses were then
placed in each eye and a flow of lactated Ringer's solution was started.
After one hour, the lenses were removed and the slit lamp showed marked
improvement in all areas.

Within one week, including daily visits, the vision was 20/20 in each eye,
the iritis was gone, and the periorbital area was healed. No further
treatment was needed.

Lots more here:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=Iritis+peppe

Regards,