Re: [CH] home made OF sauce

Tony Flynn (tonyflynn@value.net.nz)
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 08:42:53 +1300

Grandad. Retired at the beach. Bay of Plenty. New Zealand
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Silbajoris" <asilbajo@hotmail.com>

> >From: "T. Matthew Evans" <matt.evans@ce.gatech.edu>
>
> >I was able to trade seeds with list member Ingrid
> >in Bremen, Germany last year.  Our seeds made the trip (mit Luftpost) in
> >both directions without problems.
>

> The only such thing that I've done was to send some seeds to NZ, which
> apparently was quite illegal (at their end).  But they made it, I saw
> pictures of the plants that came from them, and I haven't heard of any
chile
> blight striking there.
>
> - A

Hi All,

I have brought sauce and stuff into NZ with no problems, declared and not, I
have swapped seeds with Europe,the US and Australia,  through the mail.
Can't remember about South Africa ? The chiles do not try to self seed with
the winter frost. Even at my almost frost free place by the beach.
The only thing I have had a problem with was a jar of "Lemon Honey" destined
for my daughter in Perth WA. This was confiscated by Aussie customs, who
would not believe that it contained only Lemon juice, eggs and sugar. (NO
honey)
No doubt the Customs men enjoyed it on their morning toast :-)

Two dozen seedlings growing well indoors getting ready to be hardened off
for planting outside soon.

Tony Flynn

Grandad. Retired at the beach. Bay of Plenty. New Zealand