Fw: [CH] home made OF sauce

Marc Winterburn (marcw@iinet.net.au)
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 23:46:45 +0800

Hi all, I have sometimes successfully traded  with the US , just about
everything coming this way ( to Australia) makes it in, especially if you
mark it "ATTN Australian Quarantine, Chillie (chile) seeds enclosed"
Apparently its quite legal to send them here. Not so the other way though.
To the US I have had a few get through but the majority haven,t made it. I
even received a threatening letter from US Customs so have now desisted with
the illegal route.
One interesting point I have noted is that from the odd place in the US I
have had whole batches of seeds, sometimes 5-6 different varieties that
failed to germinate at all so I am wondering if perhaps the Govt is
surreptitiously irradiating the mail. Any comments on that .
At the end of this Australian season I have quite a few people to pay back
with seeds so I will be looking for one person to send a parcel of many
seeds to, that they can then forward on to the appropriate recipients. That
way it is only one Phytosanitary certificate to buy and fill out, killing
many birds with one stone.
On the subject of New Zealand , I had one parcel go missing completely and
another returned with a message that my seeds are not welcome there ( from
NZ Authorities) so any suggestions on how to get them into NZ would be
appreciated.(Steve)
 I would like to thank all of the kind CH's out there who have sent me
seeds, I am now somewhere between 120 and 140 different varieties,(pending
germination of some varieties) still well short of what I believe is the
Australian record of 202 for one season in one garden.(The Fragrant Garden
1999) If anyone else has done more let me know.
I am still after as many different types of Habs as possible also Ajis and
hell whatever anybody has ready I will throw in. I dont mind planting seeds
of the same types from different sources as genetic diversification is
important. So if anybody has any seeds at all that they wish to contribute
of any type of chillie they are most welcome. I lost all of my addresses  in
fact all of my emails some 5 months ago so have had to start from scratch so
if anybody was expecting an email from me and didn't,t get it . Remind me,
Note the new email address and new provider.
Marc Winterburn
P.O. Box 216
Gingin 6503
Western Australia

> Grandad. Retired at the beach. Bay of Plenty. New Zealand

in