Re: [CH] Monty

Marc Winterburn (marcw@iinet.net.au)
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:51:21 +0800

"When Ah were a lad we used to live in shoebox in middle a road!!!!"

> VoodooChile wrote:
> >

> > Actually, I remember listing to Monty Python's Flying Circus on LPs
> > (records...like really really large CD shaped things that you play on
> > a "record player", although in Doug's era, they called them
> > "hi-fi's"....and the needle was made from stone!)
> >
> > (baaaad Rael)
> >
> > Ah, memory....Big, well deserved, SNIP! Actually, I remember when we
played those 78s with a needle made from a cactus! Or if one could afford
it, then there was a little gizmo that sharpened bamboo needles, and played
the 78 with that. And the player had a variable speed governor so the music
played at A 440! Now, Rael, that was even farther back, and NO! I do not
remember when we did not have electricity! You may have had edison, but we
had Alexander Grahmam Bell, And look where that got us! All you folk on dial
up! Big grin, and to keep this OT I still have peppers growing on two
plants(as well as that wasabi root!)Cheers, Doug in BC where we just
celebrated our Cdn Thanksgiving! With turkey, yams and chiles!g