Re: Wasabi Report from Doug/Was [CH] Wasabi, Dirt Cheap!

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:56:03 -0700

The NorthEast ChileMan wrote:
> Well, we're waiting (arms crossed, stern look, foot tapping).
> Paul

Well, Paul, I stuck my root in a cup of water, after wrapping it in a
paper towel{WOW!!!! just think about all those skinned knuckles)and left
it for a week. When we got back from the mainland, that root had more
roots! So I am gonna stick it in a 20 gallon crock in some nice rich
soil, and see how it winters on our deck. This crock is about 3 ft high
so it should be OK for that wasabi. The gal who sold it to me will have
a web site soon, and I will post it when she lets me know. It is a
really sweet, hot horseradish....delightful! cheers, Doug in BC