RE: [CH] Medical question

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 21:12:59 -0500

At 09:02 PM 10/19/2002 -0400, Karen wrote:
>Too bad that the medical profession hasn't made any headway in the control
>of cardiovascular disease for the last 30 years or so.  I worked in the
>operation room back in the late 70's.  Seems to me its getting worse and
>younger and younger people are affected and the only one making out in all
>of this are the cardiologists.  Modern treatments seems to consist of an
>aspirin a day, cholesterol drugs and stents placed as an everday occurance.
>Sorry, but this will not help or prevent anything and their diet
>recomendations are ridiculous.  I wouldn't take the advice of "modern
>medical doctor"  to stop or prevent anything.  Time to try something new
>including alternative medicine and herbals including cayenne.
>Karen in SC

>My wife has a Bachelors in nursing, plus over 15 years
>of cardiology experience (CICU=Cardiac Int. Care), I
>worked for two years in a cardiac int. care unit
>myself, and neither one of us has EVER heard of
>"feeding the heart cayenne"!!! I thind this "medical"
>advice should N-O-T be taken; this guy is a quack.

Oddly enough, the Doctor who preaches feeding the heart cayenne (and other
herbs) id both an M.D. and an herbalist. Of course people who are convinced
that "conventional wisdon" is the only wisdom can't be bothered to look
outside of their narrow point of view and are doomed to miss a lot.

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!