Re: [CH] Grits!

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 09:57:16 -0600

At 07:33 AM 10/27/2002 -0800, Doug Irvine wrote:
>david roy andrews wrote:
>>ok pardon my ignorance but what are grits????????? david roy andrews

Grits is ground homminy -- which is dried corn that is been soaked in lye.
Any colour corn can be used to make homminy (and grits) including blue
corn. And grits is still better used as wallboard spackle.

BTW - I can tolerate corn meal mush and fried mush. It's not a corn thing,
it's a homminy thing. Homminy is the lutefisk of the botanical world. And
no amout of chile can disguise that fact.

Since you like it so well I hereby cede any claim I might have on any part
of the world supply of all homminy and its by-products to you. You're on
your own for chiles to try to make it tasty.....

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!