Re: [CH] Grits!

John Benz Fentner, Jr. (johnfentner@attbi.com)
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 13:18:47 -0500

Dave Drum wrote:

> Since you like it so well I hereby cede any claim I might have on any
> part of the world supply of all homminy and its by-products to you.
> You're on your own for chiles to try to make it tasty.....

Don't be so quick to give up yer gritz allotment. You never know when
yer canoe may spring a leak.

Gritz: (n) Ground desiccated maize kernels. Used in the South as food
and in the North as boat caulk. Widely believed to be a practical joke
perpetrated on early settlers by Native Americans. Also useful for
patching highways and occupational testing: Anyone who can eat gritz and
walk at the same time is qualified to be Governor of Texas, at least
until elected President.

JB
Hey...it looked like Cream O' Wheat so
I put milk & sugar on it. So sue me.