(no subject)

rcb@kc.rr.com
1 Nov 2002 16:26:29 -0600

rcb@kc.rr.com
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:31:19 -0600
To: chile-heads-digest@globalgarden.com(Chile-HeadsDigest)
From: Bob Batson <rcb@kc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [CH] Ketchup-y Hot Sauce
Cc: "Alex Silbajoris" <asilbajo@hotmail.com>

>Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 14:46:59 +0000
>From: "Alex Silbajoris" <asilbajo@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: [CH] Ketchup-y Hot Sauce
>
>Something I've mentioned in years past - there are some ketchup-like sauces
>from the Phillipines and elsewhere, some based on bananas instead of
>tomatoes, and with varying degrees of heat.  Go to a good Asian market if
>you can, and gamble the price of a bottle or two to experiment.

[snip]

I found some hot banana sauce at the Pacific Island Market
<http://www.asiamex.com/am.html> in the section for Philippine foods.
The price is cheap enough but the ingredients of the sauce are
Banana, Water, Sugar, Vinegar, Salt, Spices, 0.1% Sodium Benzoate,
FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Red #40. Doesn't sound all that hot to me.

--
Bob Batson
rcb@kc.rr.com

Chocolate is the true opiate of the masses!