Re: [CH] Re: apple cider (was fermentation)

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:53:28 -0500

At 09:26 AM 11/27/02 -0600, you wrote:
>At 09:30 AM 11/27/2002 -0500, Greg Mortensen wrote:
>
>I think both terms are correct. I know "raisin jack" is a potent brew from
>fermented raisins (without distillation or other enhancement). And I do
>know that Laird's does distill their applejack. I assume that pioneers may
>have "jacked" their cider in the manner of, say, a "Princeton Tiger
>Martini" which  uses hooch that has lived in the freezer for a while til
>all but the alcohol has solidified.

I live about 2 miles from the Lairds Distillery, the oldest continually
operating distillery in the US.

It's always nice to travel to any decent bar in the country and see that
dusty bottle of Lairds Applejack from Scobeyville, NJ that has probably
been on the shelf since they opened!

          @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @

               Dyslexic, Agnostic, Insomniac...

                   Lying awake at night, Wondering if there is a Dog.