Re: [CH] Mad Dog's Smokin' Turkey/Chicken Salad

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:55:25 -0800

Mark Barringer wrote:
> This is something I came up with because I knew that there will be mountains
> of leftover turkey or chicken in the coming months.  The one man staff of
> the DOG HOUSE is in a never-ending search for new and simple ways of making
> said leftovers interesting...and ass kickin’!  I did not put in the
> ingredient amounts because amounts of leftover chicken/turkey will vary from
> house to house.
>
> MAD DOG’S SMOKIN’ CHICKEN/TURKEY SALAD
>
> Ingredients:
>
> Chopped turkey or chicken (I like to remove all skin from carcass.)
> Chopped celery
> Finely chopped Vidalia onion
> Chopped red bell pepper
> 1-2 tsp. cilantro
> Juice of a fresh lemon
> Chipotle power to taste (I would like to give a shameless plug to Jim C.’s
> version from Mild to Wild.)
> Mayonnaise
>
> Mix all ingredients together, then chill for at least 30 minutes before
> serving.  I like to serve this on a bed of romaine lettuce and tomato
> wedges.  If desired, garnish the salad with fresh jalapeno slices.
>
> Hmm, I wonder how this would be stuffed into roasted pablanos.
>
> Enjoy...and happy turkey day!
>
> Mark "Mad Dog"  Barringer
> http://home.earthlink.net/~mdogdrum/index.html

Hi Mark et al...this is just about exactly how  put together the mess
hat turns into our chicken(or turkey)salad sandwiches! The only
additional thing I add is a little green relish. And the same shameless
plug for Jim C.'s chipotle powder!....yeah Jim, the little jar that you
typed WARNING 10 HOT on! Cheers, Doug in BC