Re: [CH] Re: Breast Feeding & Blood Types

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 19:59:36 -0800

Rob Solarion wrote:
> Back in the 1960s I was in the Peace Corps in Eritrea (northern Ethiopia),
> and the food is extremely spicy.  There is no doubt that pregnant women ate
> spicy food.  After the little bundles of joy were born, the mothers would
> dip their fingers into a bowl of spicy stew and let the little babies lick
> their fingers.  Thus, from very very very early in life, these little
> toddlers ate hot food.  It was no problem at all for them.  I was a school
> teacher, and one of my students told me that eating hot/spicy food makes
> you "strong".
>
> To change the subject, there is a book about blood types by Dr. Peter J.
> D'Adamo in California.  He says that Type A blood types should avoid all
> hot peppers, and even bell peppers.  I am Type A, but I have never had any
> trouble with eating peppers.  Apparently Type Os can eat all they like.
> Type As are the vegetarian type, who have "delicate" digestive tracts; but
> Type Os are the original Neanderthal descendants, who are
> stomach-acid-producing meat eaters.  Anybody else have any comments on
> this?  Seasons Greetings.  Rob

Hey Roberto...this guy is fulla horse pucky, IMHO...I really do not
believe, at my advanced age, that this is even remotely correct. Just go
back and read your first paragraph. Now here I am, circa 1926, diabetic,
lactose intolerant, but as far as eating any food other than sugar and
milk, no problem, including chomping habs. And I was not brought up that
way as my diet prior to my late teens was totally, meat and potatoes, NO
heat except black pepper at the table, and even that was sparingly. Hope
everyone had lotsa turkey! Cheers, Doug in BC