Re: [CH] ornamental peppers

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Sat, 07 Dec 2002 12:45:36 -0800

Anita Perron wrote:
> Are ornamental peppers only what their name says--to use as an
> ornament?  or are they also edible?
> Anita

Anita....ALL chile peppers are edible. However, the ones you purchase as
  a house plant, with those pretty purple and variegated peppers, have
likely been sprayed with unmentionable pesticides(even in CANADA? you
ask?) So wash them well, before using them, and I woukld also avoid the
seeds, in the event that some of the poison got into them. I have been
chomping on them for years, and I aint ded yet. Am I, Marie? Oh. I am!
Bury me not on the COLD prairie! In fact dunt berrry me atall atall.
I'll wait until I feel ded and bury myself! Cheers, Doug in BC at least
my sense of humour aint ded yet! Forget it Jim!